Keep Your Air Conditioner in Top Condition With Annual AC Maintenance and Tune-ups
Your air conditioning system is an asset to your home's value and vital to your family's comfort. It’s one of the most complicated pieces of equipment in your home and can be expensive to replace. It is definitely in your best interest not to neglect it.
The fortunate thing for you is that keeping an AC unit running its best is an easy thing to do. Bi-annual maintenance checkups that include tune-ups are the smartest thing you can do to protect your investment in your air conditioner.
Preventive maintenance is relatively inexpensive and if you decide to make it an bi-annual occurrence, something we recommend, it can take the worry off your shoulders completely and set your mind at ease with the knowledge that you will be heading off any future major repairs or breakdowns by not letting them happen in the first place.
Changing your air conditioner's filters regularly is something that you can easily do on your own, but here is an example of a few of the things that we can do for you if you schedule an annual maintenance tune-up with B & B Cool Air. We will:
- Inspect your coolant levels and pressure. Doing this will help your system run at its peak efficiency.
- Calibrate your thermostat and check the proper cycle and temperature. This helps improve your comfort and control.
- Inspect any wiring, contacts, relays and capacitors and tighten as needed. This helps avoid expensive repairs later down the road.
- Take a look at the evaporator coil and make sure it’s clean.
- Check that the condensate drain is clear and there are no obstructions.
- Inspect the condenser and clean it if necessary.
- Have a look at the condenser fan motor and blades. We’ll lubricate those if they need it.
- Check the compressor amps at start up to make sure everything there is working properly.
- Take care of any other safety and efficiency checks that need tending to.
Were you aware that air conditioners lose on average up to 5% of their efficiency every year? These measures and a few others are some of the quickest and easiest ways that we can keep your air conditioning system running at its peak efficiency.
Call us today at (239) 674-1525 to discuss setting up a maintenance schedule and learn how truly affordable it is to properly maintain your air conditioning unit with B & B Cool Air.